Search This Blog

Saturday 12 November 2011

RECORD labels

Finding a record label that would realistically be suitable for the release of the music from my music video was a delicate procedure.

First I had to consider what genre of music it was. Due to its lo fi sound i'd already identified it as alternative rock/folk and somewhat indie.

Then to get started I considered which bands I felt shared I similar sound, for me this was Arcade Fire.

Arcade Fire are signed to Merge Records an independent record label who's other artist releases include      She & Him and Caribou. Although this felt suitable in terms of the style and ethos of music and its genre, the label is based in North Carolina, America and most of their acts were American. I wanted my band to definitely have a british feel to them and therefore I kept looking.






In the end I chose ATP Recordings.

This felt more appropriate as the label was setup by a london concert promoter and therefore encapsulated the english aspect to the band as well as their 'live' sound. 
Comparing my track with a new release on the record Tennis-Origins the production values and overall band sound drew I lot of parallels.

No comments:

Post a Comment